So you found a property that you want to view? Great! First things first, you need to view it to make sure its the one for you! Below are the steps to create your gently account! Please note, not all of our properties are able to be self shown. Some require an agent to show you the property in person. Please schedule that time through Rently.com.
Create an Account at “Rently.Com”
- Click the “Show Yourself In” button on the right side of the page of the home you would like to tour.
- You’ll be re-directed to that home’s page on Rently, our smart-home access provider. There you’ll be asked to create account using your mobile phone. If you already have a Rently account, you’ll need to login.
- Once you’ve created an account, Rently will send a text to the phone number you entered. The rest of the self-showing process will now take place on your mobile phone.
- Click the link in the text message you received and log into your account. The first time you log into your account, you’ll need to take a photo of the front and back of your driver’s license and take a selfie to show that it’s really you. You will not be able to tour a home without completing those steps.
- Next, you’ll need to enter a credit or debit card to pay the 99-cent self-showing fee. By paying the 99-cent fee, you’ll be able to view up to 20 homes. And that’s it! Your account should be active, and you should be able to tour our homes
Show Yourself In
With your active account, you’ll just have to let us know when you plan to visit the home. Once you schedule a time, you’ll then receive a text to confirm your scheduled appointment and to give you the link you’ll use to check-in when you arrive at the home.
Once you arrive at the home, press “continue” and you’ll receive another text message with a link. Walk up to the front door, click that link, and locate the lockbox on the door handle.
At the Front Door
After answering a couple of quick questions, it’s time to open the lockbox.
To open the lock box:
- Enter the serial number that is on the top of the lockbox into the field on the app
- You’ll receive a text with the access code.
- Press “enter” on the lockbox, then enter the access code, and press “enter” again.
- Grab the key from the lockbox and head inside. Please note: If you experience issues accessing the Self Showing lockbox, please visit this site, which will walk you through solutions to common challenges.
Touring the home
Please, take your time looking around the home. We’ve included a number of signs to help point out the features of the home and the benefits of renting with Progress Residential.
After Your Tour
When you’ve finished touring the home, return the key to the lockbox and re-open the same webpage on your mobile phone and click the “key returned” button.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll receive a quick survey to let us know about your home tour experience and what you thought of the house.
If that’s the house for you, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible before someone else rents it. If the home didn’t meet your needs, please keep looking, we have plenty of other homes that may work better for you. Again, you can view up to 20 of our homes before needing to pay another 99-cents.
To learn about our application process, please here
Before you apply, be sure to read about our qualification criteria, the documents you’ll need to complete the application, and more here: